Christmas and COVID-19
Finally! NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has announced easing of restrictions to commence on Monday, 7 December 2020. This announcement is welcomed and comes just in time for Christmas.
From Monday, the following will change:
- Standing outdoors at hospitality venues will be allowed (but not indoors)
- Fifty people on indoor dance floors will be allowed
- Up to 5,000 people will be allowed to attend outdoor ticketed events
- There will be no upper cap on the number of people allowed to attend weddings and funerals
- Outdoor gatherings like picnics will have their cap raised to 100 people
- Stadiums and outdoor theatres will have a 100 per cent capacity
- Indoor theatres will be allowed to have up to 75 per capacity
Fans of cricket welcome the changes to capacity, which means they can facilitate full capacity for next week’s T20 International and the New Year’s Test.
Families will also be able to spend Christmas together and employers are able to host Christmas parties for their personnel, with social distancing rules of 2-square-metres still being adhered to. For more information on restrictions and COVID-19 visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/latest-updates.aspx