Need advice specifically related to horses? Equilaw’s first-hand experience in the equine industry allows us to specialise in all legal matters concerning horses.
Our team of solicitors and support staff prides itself on providing personalised service and efficient resolution for all your legal matters in relation to horses. Our clients are some of the Thoroughbred industry’s leading boutique farms, internationally recognised studs, veterinarians and leading racehorse trainers and owners.
Our lawyers and staff have direct experience in the horse industry from breeding, various competition sports, racing and administration. Solicitor, George Fraser, boasts breeding the 2009 Melbourne Cup winner, Shocking, and our support staff also ride and own horses.
This adds exceptional depth of knowledge and experience to our legal services and underpins our ability to provide practical and realistic advice to the equine industry.
Among our unique services in Equine Law are:
- Stallion service and standing agreements
- Horse sale/purchase agreements
- Syndicate agreements
- Agistment agreements
- Mare/foal share agreements
- Veterinary agreements including consents to treatments
- Racing and competition deeds including trainer’s agreements
- Litigation involving horses
- General commercial agreements
- Competition waivers and hold harmless agreements