Auctions and House Inspections Resume!
It has been announced that traditional property inspections and onsite auctions will resume from Saturday, 9 May.
The guidelines issued by the NSW Government require that social distancing of 1.5 metres is maintained, numbers entering premises are controlled and that contact details for all persons attending are kept. More guidelines below:
- Use digital platforms where possible to remove physical contact.
- Maintain physical distancing of greater than 1.5m between people by:
- limiting the number of people viewing a property and attending an auction
- managing the number of people entering small spaces
- considering an extended timeframe for open house viewings and inspections
- using outdoor venues for auctions wherever possible
- using large venues for indoor auctions to maintain the 4 square metre rule.
- Promote good hygiene on premises and at auctions by:
- making hand sanitiser available
- ensuring clients do not touch surfaces
- cleaning the property before and after inspections.
- Keep detailed contact records of people attending open homes and auctions.
- Ensure people with any symptoms of illness do not attend a property.
For other government guidelines on what you can and can’t do visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/what-you-can-and-cant-do-under-rules.
If you have been holding off listing your property for auction or inspection now would be a good time to contact your real estate agent and for all conveyancing matters please contact our team on 02 6542 5566.